Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Dear Momma

I have written poems and praise for the lord above and the earth below
and all of the flowers and trees and sweet buzzing of the bees
but today
I want to take the time to write a poem 
just for you
in your arms I first felt the loving touch of a warm embrace
your body and heart beat is the first sound I heard
9 months of carrying my new body
and then you birthed me
into this world
Thank you
thank you for the giving
Birth
lights love
your warm arms
your love and the light in your eyes
thank you for being there
27 years ago, I came into this world
after a brother, and before that 12 years earlier a sister
you have been a mother to all of us
and with all of your love
thank you for being 
there
for all always answering the phone when I call
and reminding why I ought to pick that up right away
you have loved me,
and looked after me in your own
way
in ways i have 
not always understood
and yet, I know
that your heart is full
that you love
completely that
you care so deeply for me
for your children
so thank you mamma
I love you
and may this bring you all of the sweetest flowers
all of the most loving smiles
and the sweetest experiences
under trees and in the stars
momma
I love
this spring flows eternal 

No comments:

Post a Comment