Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I hung out with God Today...Everyday

I hung out with god today
he/she did not ask me for the time
nor wonder how long we had to “hang”
There was not a sound and yet in thesilence
we hung
and sounds gathered and swayed andfilled
every nook and cranny of my being
I hung out with God today
and I was to all appearances alone
in the upper recess
I was in an attic with a peep hole tothe sky
to stars and moon
and tree tops
and I awoke
to know that today
was the day
I'd hang out with God today
I did not need to pick up my phone
nor dial a number
I needed not to check my hair
or wonder about my clothes
I sprawled
crawled
and danced
like a baby
like a being
devoid of care
nor invested in whether or thither
I did not wonder if any one else would come
or if they would notice me
and I did not wonder about what to do today
because I was
I am
perfectly content and happy just to be
in the company of myself
with god today
And when I asked a question
the answer hung thick and laughter seemed to accentuate my every care
for god did not care
but the caring was so rich it filled the air
love
so rich
so all embracing
like a flowing fountain
was all that was there
and me and god
and the stars make
one
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment